Friday, June 15, 2007

Canvas art on display!

So, I learned how to wire up a canvas for hanging the other night. It was far easier than I expected. Great advice at the bottom of the page at http://www.biddingtons.com/content/mrsframingpaintings.html.

Today I hung up six pieces at the nearby coffee shop. The staff there are the best, and I would expect nothing less from what appears to be one of their busiest locations.

I was going to choose six flower themed pieces, but ditched one of them for the detail of Frank Lloyd Wright's "Garden Sprite" statue detail. I think the mix of colors and shapes for the selected pieces works well and hopefully I'll generate some more traffic to the website with this, my first exhibit!!

Friends are planning to meet up for the farmer's market in the park blocks tomorrow morning. This will be my first impromptu artist's reception.

Time to get crackin' on a full gallery display for my website to bring all the images of the pieces together in one display. Anyway, email me for details if you're interested in seeing the exhibit!

No comments: