Monday, February 11, 2008

Back to canvas art

My friend Randy has offered to let me hang several of my canvas pieces in his new business. I've been hard at work these past couple of weeks getting new canvas art pieces ready.

He bought a tanning salon in Oregon City up near the shopping center by Clackamas Community College. Tan Rio will become Tan Republic soon and Randy is redecorating the place to fit a clean and modern Zen theme.

The rounded wall across from the main desk will have seven or so 12" x 12" canvas pieces sticking to a green and white theme. The wall above the seating in the entry will have three rows of five 12" x 12" pieces with a variety of color and shapes. For this I've got about 10 pieces ready and need to create about six or seven more. Finally the main hall that stretches beyond the desk will have about a dozen 8" x 8" pieces for which I have about half of them ready.

Randy recently brought in a feng shui decorator to get some confirmation of his ideas and this person particularly liked one of my images. I've created my second gallery wrapped piece ever for this thank you gift he's intending to present to her for her help. Here's how it looks...




This image is from my Hawaii collection of bromeliads and comes from a garden along the highway around Diamond Head on the Island of Oahu. It has been very popular as a tile either framed, in my tile trays, or as a coaster set with other Hawaiian themed images. There's a framed tile up for sale now at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8519837.

I'll post an update when the everything is installed and ready for viewing. Hopefully this will generate a few sales to pay for more supplies. I'm working on a better online gallery system that will showcase all my images and allow for some custom orders. For now a draft price list is posted to http://www.mikepdx.com/artwork/pricelist.

No comments: